Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Geek Jewelry Collection - Tech - Lace


I'd like to introduce Tech-lace, my new and unique Geek Jewelry collection, art jewelry made of something all around us, Though we see through it many times – Hi Tech and computers.
We seem to be getting used to the fact that technology is advancing into every aspect of our life. Making it easier for sure, better or worse is not for me to say.  I love all things, and like to find beauty in what surrounds us, sometimes hidden beauty, as I found while peeking into the insides of my computer one day after it declared its final retirement and demanded an upgrade. This is what I saw inside (I admit, I usually don’t peek inside unless I really need to, and even then I'm no technician, I'm an artist…)




So here I am thinking… Oh Sh#@ I need a new computer, but also found myself thinking – Hey, this is cool, colorful, metallic, perfect to create with. And I started at it, first – imagining shapes, drawing sketches, and the cutting  the motherboard.
Now, Jewelry is not only about cutting, it's also the fun of combining materials, and of working with the metals I so love. I chose to use brass plates, and play with the combinations of shape and contrast between the brass and technology. 






Finally, I connected the two, added silver hinges, silver chains, and even rubber parts I found in a pluming shop…   
The result of that early retirement of my computer is now the Geek Jewelry collection before your eyes, a wonderful game of geometric shapes, colors and materials which come together in true creations of eco-geek wearable art.  You're sure to attract attention with these art geek jewelry pieces of tech art, with both art lovers admiring the bold design, and geeks trying to figure out which parts your jewelry used to be.
This Tech-lace collection, brings the motherboard and computer into the spotlight. Isn't this just the best present for all those art loving techie women out there and a must have if you want to attract a nice computer loving man, he's sure to notice you with this one ;-) 


All my LoVe,
Hila.